Montag, 4. März 2013

Der Gastfamilien-Brief


Dear Host Family
First of all I want to thank you for opening your home and hosting me, and for providing me with this wonderful chance. I cannot wait to experience your culture with you. It is been one of my biggest dreams to do an exchange year. In the following letter I want to tell you something about me, my family and my friends, my school and my hobbies.

I am Sarah and fifteen years old. I have to take the bus every day. My favorite subjects are Spanish, Maths, Music and Sport. My school is a small and very personal school where everyone knows each other.

Now I am going to tell you something about my family. We, that is my mother, my father, my younger brother, our dog and our budgie, are living in a house with garden. My father works as a controller, my mother was an employee and at the moment she is a housewife at home and my brother is 13 years old and goes to school. My grandfathers and my grandmothers are living next to us. One of them has also a dog. Our relationship to each other is very good and we can count on each other every time. We have a lot of fun together. We go together to tennis matches or we help our parents and grandparents in the garden or in the house.

On a typical weekday I wake up at 5:45 am. Then I get ready for school that starts at 8:00 am. On Tuesday and Friday I have school for 6 hours, Monday and Thursday I have school for 8 hours and Wednesday I have school for 10 hours. Sometimes after school I have lunch with my mother and my brother. Then I do my homework. Sometimes I play tennis in the evening. In the evening we have dinner all together.

On a typical day at the weekend I like to sleep longer. But sometimes I have a tennis match, I hang out with my friends or I going to do something with my family, for example in summer we go to an adventure park.

In my freetime I prefer doing sport. I play tennis 2 times a week. I enjoy meeting my friends and go shopping with them. We always have fun together whatever we do. In the summer holidays we are at the Baltic Sea. I love it because we meet friends of the previous years, we can go windsurfing, we can go swimming, we have a lot of fun and the sun is shining.                                 
I’m fond of traveling other countries. I have been to France, Spain, Austria, Poland, England, Netherlands. It was always interesting for me to get to know other cultures and new people. I like to write letters with my new friends or we are just talking about the internet. I would say I am an open-minded and spontaneous girl, who is interested in new things.

The reason why I really want to do my exchange year in the USA is that I have heard so many positive things about the US. I talked to a lot of students who did an exchange year and they all were enthusiastic. My friends and my family say that I am open-minded and easygoing and that is what I have heard about American people.  It is also a chance to improve my English. It will be a wonderful and eventful experience. Another reason is attending a real American High school and living in another family – your family.

I would like to bring you my culture and lifestyle close. Maybe I can cook a German meal for you. I will tell you about my life in Germany, about German people, how school works in Germany and the German way of life.

I thank you again for giving me the possibility to live in the USA in your family and for fulfilling my dream.

THANK YOU !

Yours,

Sarah

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen